Friday, July 19, 2013

Mile High City

A great big hello to family and friends from Sunny Colorado!

After many of you have asked to be kept updated on this crazy little trip (called Love) I have decided to give this blog thing a try. I regrettably did not bring my computer, choosing the weight of a travel guitar instead ("I'm out in the woods...why would I want technology!?") so I will be updating this whenever I am around a person who is kind enough to let me use their devices. Right now I am on my godmothers computer overlooking the Denver skyline with a faint view of the Rockies in the distance.

I'm sharing this adventure with my dear friend Jen, who will be with me for a month hitting up Colorado, the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Seattle, Mt. Rainier, Portland, the Redwoods, and San Francisco before she departs to visit her uncle in Santa Cruz. From San Francisco I will be heading south to L.A. to meet up with my friend Rya and from there I do a crazy hop skip and a jump (orrr fly on a plane) to Glacier National to meet up with another friend, Erica and two of her friends. Post Glacier, I will be traveling down to Lennox SD where I will be WWOOFing for a week (WWOOF stands for World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms, and the organization connects travelers looking for a place to stay with farmers who need helping hands), and then my friends Ashleigh and Riley from my AmeriCorps days will pick me up and we'll head to the Badlands, Wind Cave National Park and Mount Rushmore. The three of us will end at our friends', Maria and Keith's, wedding in Madison, SD. My trip will be 7 weeks in total..aww yeah.

A lot of people have asked my reasoning for doing this trip ("...so...are you on tour?") and I have to say, it seems self-explanatory, yet indescribable at the same time. Not to get all mushy but I feel that this is more than a want for my physical body, but rather a necessity for my entire being. Joo know what I'm saying?

Today marks day four, and Jen, Mary Ellen (my godmother) and my mom (who met up with us for our Colorado stint) will be heading to Colorado Springs to climb all over the Garden of the Gods and head up Pikes Peak, which is a 14-er that is rumored to have the best homemade donuts, made UP ON THE MOUNTAIN. Sign me up.

I'll let the other three days speak for themselves via pictures below. Hope you enjoy and I'm excited to welcome you on this journey!


Calypso Cascades in the Wild Basin of Rocky Mountain

 Old Roman Catholic Church with a Longs Peak backdrop

The Rockieeeess!!




 Mom and Mary Ellen
 An Elk enjoying the view
An eager chipmunk...no we will NOT feed you!

 In Glenwood Canyons on our way to Hanging Lake
 Hanging Lake
 Jen and I out on the log
 Mom and Mary Ellen cooling off

 The whole gang! Minus the chipmunk.

1 comment:

  1. Yay I love how that elk is chilling. haha Be safe and keep the posts/pics coming!

    ReplyDelete